Biology GCSE Equivalency Testing including London and Birmingham
The GCSE Biology equivalency test can be sat ONLINE, in a test centre or school and enables you to satisfy higher education course entry requirements (egs teacher training QTS, nursing and midwifery) for a Science GCSE ...
Preparation for GCSE Biology Equivalency Exam
1. Where do I get the GCSE Biology Equivalency Exam revision materials ?
What’s in the GCSE Biology Equivalency exam?
The GCSE Biology equivalency test is a custom prepared 2-hour exam benchmarked to Edexcel IGCSE syllabus PAPER 1. This is a single GCSE award, single tier Biology Equivalency exam covering grades 9 to 1 (A* to G). The details of the topics as outlined in the Biology Equivalency Exam Test Guide . A grade C/4 threshold requires a minimum of 66/120 marks or 55%. are below.
Who should sit this GCSE Biology equivalency exam?
You require a GCSE Science equivalency for entry into a higher education course that accepts GCSE equivalencies (typically teacher training QTS, midwifery and nursing).
To assist you in satisfying this requirement we offer a GCSE Biology equivalency in addition to GCSE Combined Science equivalency. Be aware the GCSE Biology equivalency is a single science discipline and therefore requires a strong depth of knowledge and understanding. The GCSE Combined Science equivalency test is spread more across Biology, Chemistry and Physics and therefore it has greater breadth but slightly less depth.
Consequently, the GCSE Biology equivalency exam best suits candidates with a reasonably strong of knowledge and understanding of Biology and candidates that have not studied Biology or Science for some time may find more success with the Combined Science equivalency.
2. Where can I find support?
- You can easily purchase the recommended materials for the Biology Equivalency exam online by inserting the ISBN number below into Google or your preferred web browser. The book is inexpensive and important to your successful preparation for the exam. The recommended revision books above include practice Biology exams with marking schemes.
- The GCSE Biology Revision Guide – ISBN 13: 9781782946748
- The GCSE Biology Workbook –ISBN: 9781782946755
- You do only PAPER 1B Biology single award Science (book clearly labels paper 1 material leave out material marked for paper 2). Don’t be confused by revision book references to paper 1 for double science candidates as they would sit this paper in additional to Chemistry and Physics Exams. YOU STUDY AND SIT PAPER 1B ONLY !
- Exam content is here in Biology Guidance
- Past Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 1 (1B) examination papers with the marking schemes and examiners reports going back to 2017 are available here. (Please use exams marked 1B as practice papers) You do only PAPER 1B Biology single award Science Don’t be confused if you see double award. This ONLY refers to candidates who would sit this 4BI0 paper in conjunction with Chemistry and Physics Exams. YOU ONLY STUDY AND SIT PAPER 1B !
- Use BBC Bitesize GCSE Edexcel Biology (Single Award) This includes revision materials, videos, tests, practice tests and useful links to improve your knowledge, understanding and skills of the assessment objectives. (NB Bitesize revises Edexcel GCSE Biology and whilst is it very useful the Edexcel IGCSE is slightly different, so we advise you use the Biology Guidance and obtain the revision book)
- Coaching on how to best respond to each specific question can be found on You Tube. This is extremely useful in developing your knowledge, understanding and skills. Eg. type in the search Edexcel IGCSE Biology paper 1 .
- After you make an exam booking you will receive an invitation to a regular free online revision sessions. Note these sessions do not replace the above resources and should be seen as complementary to these resources.
- However, after reviewing the revision material you feel you require some support and /or you are short of time, it is advisable (although not compulsory), that you use one of our Biology revision courses. These are specifically designed to assist with the GCSE Biology Equivalency Exam. There are a variety of options using experienced teaching professionals who have successfully helped people like you. This is preferable to sitting an exam ill prepared and being unsuccessful.
Additional Online Biology Equivalency Revision Resources are Listed Below
- BBC Bitesize
- GCSE Answers
- GCSE Guide
- Past Paper 1
- GCSE Past Paper 1B
- Eg of a support video support for paper 1 (NB ignore the ref to double award -applies to students doing this exam and Chemistry and Physics).
3. What are the Biology Equivalency Test Grade Boundaries?
|Grade A*-, A* (8), A*+, (9)||102 /120||(85-100%)|
|Grade A-, A, A+, (7)||90/120||(75- 84%)|
|Grade B-, B, (5) B+, (6)||78/120||(65- 74%)|
|Grade C-, C, C+ (4)||66/120||(55-64%)|
Other useful Biology Equivalency Exam information
A* Star Equivalency Testing has been the leader in delivering Equivalency Tests since 2002 and this Biology equivalency exam and certificate is accepted by most training providers. However, there are hundreds of existing providers and courses, new providers and policies can be subject to change.We therefore advise candidates to always check with their proposed provider as we do not offer refunds.
When will I receive my GCSE Biology Equivalency Exam results?
Results are returned to you within 10 working days via email (NEED IT SOONER – check out our FAST TRACK within 48 hrs service). You will receive an official A* Star GCSE Biology Equivalency Certificate sent to the address you registered on this website, with an anti-fraud personalised security code directly linked to your results.
We also offer flexible exam dates with the “You Choose When” option to sit your GCSE Biology equivalency exam anytime during office hours at Suite 210, The Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Islington, N1 0QH
With school support we offer “You Choose Where” as an option to sit the Biology equivalency exam in a school anywhere in the UK.
Please be advised that the Biology equivalency exam paper remains the property of A*Star Equivalency Testing. Candidates are not permitted to take their exam paper, pictures of or photocopies of the paper. And as such by agreeing to our terms and conditions you agree to the above.
Need to sit GCSE Biology Equivalency in Birmingham?
From Thurso to Truro we have you covered. If your school can meet the Equivalency Test requirements it is possible to sit your Biology exam in your supporting school.