A Star Equivalency Test Instructions
Before you sit your exam you must read and understand these instructions to ensure you are fully prepared. If you are found to not be compliant with these instructions your exam may be cancelled and you will be charged a rearrangement fee.
You will join a Google Meets call with your invigilator ~20 minutes to 5 minutes before your scheduled exam time where you will be required to show a hard copy of your photographic ID.
(The exam never starts without you, you will always be given your full exam time so please be patient and wait for the link to he sent)
A Star Equivalency Exam Set Up
- Internet browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari these must be installed on your device before the day of your exam. (Do not use Internet Explorer). We strongly recommend chrome. (Download here)
- Make sure your browser is up to date (How to update chrome)
- You will need a laptop or PC with a minimum screen size of 14” and a resolution of 1024×768
- Your internet must be strong enough to support a Goggle Meets/Zoom video call and screen sharing. We recommend a speed of at least 10mbps download and 1mbps upload, however, consistency of connection is also important. Please test this before your exam date. (Test my internet speed)
- You must have a working webcam and microphone. These must be tested and confirmed to be working.
- You will require a scientific calculator for Maths and Science exams. Please make sure this is working for the day of your exam.
- No exam will go ahead without the invigilator seeing a hard copy of your photographic ID, this can include: a valid passport (any nationality), a signed UK photocard driving license, a valid warrant card issued by HM Forces or the Police, or another photographic ID card.
Contact [email protected] if you are not able to meet any of the above.
Specific instructions Per Subject (Must Read)