Free GCSE Equivalency Tutorials
A Star Equivalency has always prided itself on being the best GCSE equivalency provider, offering the best service, and helping our students whenever we can. This is why we are now including free tutorials with each of our course options. If you have signed up to a course you will be invited to complete a lesson request form. Following this you will be emailed a link to join the lesson an hour before the lesson is due to start.
If you haven’t signed up to a course yet, you can do so here…
The following outlines the schedule of lessons for each subject – Please note that session invitations are sent out just before the scheduled start time, so please don’t worry if you don’t receive a link until just before the session is about to start.
Maths Lessons – Occur every Thursday
- 9th of September at 8.30pm – Algebra fundamentals
- 16th of September at 8.30pm – Applied algebra
- 23rd of September at 8.30pm – Fractions, percentages and decimals (part 1)
- 30th of September 8.30pm – Fractions, percentages and decimals (part 2)
- 7th of October 8.30pm – Ratio
- 14th of October 8.30pm – Geometry basics
- 21st of October 8.30pm – Probability basics
- 28th of October 8.30pm – Exam question prep
English Lessons – Occur every Thursday
- 9th of September at 7pm – A look at the structure and the mark scheme.
- 16th of September at 7pm – Point Evidence Explanation (PEE) and using quotations in answers
- 23rd of September at 7pm – Question 1 and 2: Looking for explicit and implicit information
- 30th of September 7pm – Types of words and common language techniques. Looking for them in question 3.
- 7th of October 7pm -Question 4: Combining the skills from Questions 1 to 3, to look for similarities and differences over a whole text.
- 14th of October 7pm Question 5: Evaluation of a text
- 21st of October 7pm – Question 6 option A: Planning and executing
- 28th of October 7pm – Question 6 option B: Descriptive writing.
Science Lessons – Occur every other Friday
- 3rd September – 8pm – Skills for Science #4 – using units and equations (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
24th of September -8pm – Biology Topic 1.1 and 1.2: Life Processes and Different Organisms
8th of October – 8pm – Chemistry Topic 1.1 and 1.2: States of Matter and Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
22nd of October – 8pm – Physics Topic 1.1 and 1.2: Movement and Position and Forces and Movement
5th of November – 8pm – Biology Topic 2.1 and 2.2: Levels of Organisation and Cell Structures
Biology Lessons – Occur every other Friday
- 10th September – 8pm – Biology #4 – Living things are useful – selective breeding and GM
- 1st of October – 8pm Topic 1.1 and 1.2: Life Processes and Different Organisms
- 15th of October- 8pm – Topic 2.1 and 2.2: Levels of Organisation and Cell Structures
- 29th of October – 8pm – Topic 2.3: Biological Molecules
- 12th of November – 8pm – Movement of Substances in and Out of Cells